Soap supplies have started to dwindle in the household… I have a 1/4th of a bottle of body wash, a 1/3 bottle of dish soap, 1/2 a bottle of laundry soap and only the tiniest amount of toothpaste left (more on this later)… and it was a serious fear because without being able to properly clean oneself, the likelihoods of infections (such as my cuticle infection from a couple weeks ago), illness and other life complications could arise.
And then… I received a box from Amathia Soapworks. And the box smelled incredible… and I got very excited… and then I opened it and got even more excited. You see… it was FILLED with different artisan soaps! Now, Amathia Soapworks isn’t a big operation… every batch is made small (under 10lbs) and they do it in a process called cold process. They use the highest quality possible and they are all vegan products and chemical free! Considering they are a family operation (based out of the States), when you place an order you’re going to be dealing with the same people who are actually making the soap. And, if you look at the prices… you’re going to be blown away as well!
Now, let’s look into the box! Honestly though, the world needs to develop a way to transmit scent because these soaps smell DELICIOUS! But not only do they smell absolutely incredible – they are art! They really are really attractive looking items! Now let’s be honest… I’m a guy so my traditional soap is whatever is on sale that week… but after having used these today, I might be hooked… They just feel better!
Overall Amathia Soap sent me ten soaps:
- Terra, which smells like a forest. Evergreeny. Natural.
- Relax, which is a Lavender-Mint mix that isn’t overwhelming. Lavender often can be too powerful, but she’s found a great mix!
- Dew, a mix of lime and basil is like a spicy key lime pie. Very mild in scent, but nice on the nose.
SunshineSplash, is a citrusy mix but incredibly mild in it’s scent. The kind of soap you should use before eating seafood haha. Can you pair what you wash in with what you eat?! I feel like that could be a thing.
- Detox, is a dead sea mud facial soap. I know about all the benefits of that dead sea mud and this has a nice light citrus scent to it.
The second row, from left to right includes:
- A mystery soap that I can’t quite place. It smells a bit minty but I’m not 100% sure.
- Edible Raspberry Vanilla Shea Butter, is NOT meant to be eaten.. but boy does it smell like it could be. I’m drooling over it and now want raspberries and vanilla ice cream!
- Fresh Lemon Verbena Shea Butter, smells like cleanliness. Kind of like a lemon pledge for your body. It’s the one I now use to wash my hands with in the bathroom!
- Herbal Rosemary Mint Shea Butter, smells like a delicious sauce to pour onto a nice piece of lamb.
- Clarify Tea Trea Charcoal Facial Soap, is clearly perfect for when I might have some acne.. and with activated charcoal it just steps it up to a whole ‘nother level!
Honestly, the soaps are so powerful in their scent that I’ve put them in different places of my empty apartment and they are acting like air fresheners!
In addition, Amathia Soapworks also included two other items… one, a soap tray to help drain the water off of it and make it last… and two, something called a soap saver bag, which you use when the soap is too small to hold and it acts like loufa or a washcloth! Pretty cool idea and doesn’t feel ‘girly’. Haha.
And lastly, they also included two other items… a lip balm of sorts, one in the scent of Asian Pear and the other Peppermint… and I’m thrilled! I had one little lip balm that I threw into my bag last minute on January 1st… that has almost run out. This time of year is especially bad for chapped lips – especially considering I lick my lips a lot when I’m stressed. So this is such a god send (and the peppermint one gives me that incredible bit of tingle that mint often does).
At $6 for a bar of artisan soap, from someone you know who is making them and doing it with the top ingredients, vegan and in a natural way… you’re getting a steal. While this batch was sponsored for the project – come 2014 I can guarantee her that I will be placing an order for some soaps! (If you guys want to come experience them yourself, come by my apartment!) And to stay up to date on all things Amathia Soapworks related, check them out on Twitter and Facebook!
Sidenote: As I mentioned above… brushing my teeth. Did you know that it’s shown to be better to brush your teeth with soap than it is to brush with toothpaste? While the thought is a bit weird at first, with a soap like these I imagine the experience might be slightly better than mass produced soap! I’ll have an update on that soon when the toothpaste runs out!